Monday, February 8, 2021

My Friend Tom

Tom's my good friend.  Not my best friend, just good.  I've known Tom for 6 months, and yesterday I read an article about Tom.  The article says Tom did a bad thing.  Tom dropped a litter of gerbils down a well.  He took the gerbils from his daughter's room, placed them in a brown paper bag and went out in the back yard and dropped them in the well.   The plywood over the well wasn't attached, just laying over the well, so it was easy to move.  Who even has a well in their back yard any more?  Was there water in the bottom of the well, or was it just a dried out well?  If the well was no longer in use shouldn't it have been covered or filled in, or whatever you do with a disused well?  I'm wondering if Tom ended up replacing the plywood since it was pretty well weathered and warped and the layers were all peeling the way plywood does when exposed to the elements.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, I know. Thanks. What this was rooted in is this: my father put a litter of kittens in a brown paper bag, brought them out back and went to retrieve a shovel. He returned, dug a hole, threw the bag in and lit it on fire, then buried them. Growing up was such joy! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Your Father clearly was a very sick and cruel individual, tho' Gerbils are Rodents I think Tom should have found a better way to humanely get those living Creatures placed too. Most of our Felines were Rescue Pets and some came to us voluntarily in bad shape after Human abuses. When an Animal chooses you and finds Kindness and Love they respond much like Human Beings do. Sentient Beings know instinctively who could be a threat and who perhaps is safer to be around. Those that ignore the instincts sadly don't fare well and some have no choice. I am sad that you and your Siblings had such a Joyless Childhood, you all deserved better, but you know that, I'm sure. Virtual Hugs, I Hope most of the Memories aren't too Haunting and don't Trigger you too often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a huge cat lover for as long as I can remember, and our most recent rescue is a senior gal just bursting with 'tude. As for the sick and cruel indidvidual- what I find most interesting is how the older of us feel we were better off once our father left the scene, but the younger ones feel like they were shafted and have more, uh, issues.

    ReplyDelete