Saturday, February 6, 2021

Paranoia I

The notes are all over the place.  She leaves them for the stupidest little thing.  

"Tie your shoes"

"Don't forget the trash"

"Lunch is at 1:00"

"Scoop the litterbox"

I don't think there's anything she hasn't left a note about at this point.  I know I forget things.  Doesn't everybody?  I fight saying things like "I feel old", or "I really feel my age today".  

Sometimes I swear I did a particular task, only to have her fume and not talk, and when I finally get her to open up find out I didn't do it.  But I think I did.  This happens more and more. 

Sometimes I think she's trying to make me think I'm losing it.  I'm not sure yet how that would benefit her.  We count on my income so I need to keep working into beyond retirement. So that can't be it.

Now and then I'll come home early and she'll just look at me, like "oh, you're home."  Makes me wonder what she was in the middle of.  Is she planning something?  Is there something she doesn't want me to know about?

6 comments:

  1. These little snippets are interesting. It would be cool to write an entire novel like this with differing viewpoints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe she's the forgetful one and keeps reminding you to do stuff that you've already done and she doesn't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Man has Memory Care Issues due to the damage done when he had a catastrophic accident which caused TBI and he's almost 70 too. But, I refrain from the Notes everywhere, we just put a Calendar near the front Door and each of us looks at it as a Reminder, since I am having some Forgetfulness now too, so it benefits us both. We still forget shit tho' and it is a bit humbling and alarming when you think perhaps, Age is a factor outside of your Control? I'm still Raising a Kid and The Man requires full time Caregiving, much he cannot do for himself, so I can't afford to lose it or we'd all be screwed too. I think for me, seeing my once vibrant Mom descend into dementia, which eventually was her cause of Death in her 80's, it does worry me if there could be a hereditary factor? Of coarse, by the time I'm in my 80's, if I have the privilege of living that long, perhaps I won't Care so much??? *LOL* I recently bought a book by Dr. Sanjay Gupta the Neurosurgeon, on improving Memory, he claims at any Age we can exercise our Minds and improve upon some of the things attributed to the Aging Process, makes sense, it's just one big Muscle after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just might have to check that book out. Though my memory is worse than ever I've always had a horrible one. My dear wife does leave notes everywhere for me, but I know it's because she cares. I think.

    ReplyDelete