Wednesday, April 7, 2021

These Eyes, Oh These Eyes

 I'm due for a visit to an eye doctor.  

I've made us move so many times my wife is about to explode.

She has handled all insurance, medical, address change, relocation-related shit and everything else all these years.

I make the money but can't be happy with whatever job I'm working at any given time.

This last time would be the last, I said.

I'll retire from this one, I said.

I promise we won't move again, I said.

My eyes seem to be getting worse.

My right one has had floaters for some years, and lately my left one has had a foggy area.

Together, these spoil my love of reading.  Large print books make it slightly easier, but the limited selection at the library is depressing.

Just the mention of a new doctor's appointment sets a storm a-brewing.

The insurance is shit.  Out-of-Pocket is my new cringe phrase.

Just venting.

No need for concern or serious replies. 

Thanks. 



12 comments:

  1. I hope it is nothing major. sounds like a cataract on the one eye. I need to make an appointment for my ears. The tinnitus is getting bad, but I keep putting it off for no good reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm horrible about putting shit off for no good reason.

      Delete
  2. your eyes are important. please get a yearly checkup. I have floaters too and barely notice them 98% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually able to tune out the floaters, but when I sit and read- my favorite hobby- I can't help noticing them, even if I try not to focus on them.

      Delete
  3. Get them checked, even tho' a cringe might be necessary, the Eyes are an important asset, blindness a definite liability. I had to make the very uncomfortable decision to pay out of pocket for my Eastern Medicine since Insurance balks at paying for 2,600 Year Old Medical practices that work so well... claiming them 'Experimental'. But, budgeting for the outlay made a huge difference in the direction my Healing went, so I bit the bullet and ponied up, don't regret it either. Wellness is Priceless my Friend. And... I can mos def relate to the Nomadic thing, we swear now that this is the Forever Home... AGAIN. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hear you on the "Wellness is Priceless" thing, especially when getting up there in years. I love your last sentence!

      Delete
  4. I got pissed at my last optometrist and then went way too long to find a new one. But it was nice to get back and get a new contact prescription. I hope you find a great doc. It's a pain to get started, but totally worth it once you do. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Darla. As with all of you, I appreciate your support.

      Delete
  6. I have been nagging my husband for 20 damn years to go get some REAL glasses instead of wearing four different strengths of reading glasses. Sometimes two pairs at a time! FINALLY got the man to get real glasses. It's been... interesting.

    I have a new floater in my left eye that's driving me bugshit, not that I can do anything about it. It was worse when it first showed up, I have sort of become accustomed to it.

    Moving sucks. I'd rather go through labor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the floaters and the fog seem to be the worst when I'm trying to read a non-large print book these days.

      Delete