Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Childhood Chores

 The beauty mark stood out from dad’s pale, pulpy skin.  It marked the doughy, nearly-hairless flesh just below his left ass cheek, and looked like a coffee-colored continent. The fact that you couldn’t avoid looking at his balls made this particular chore all the more disgusting.  The backrub part was tolerable, my finger joints, elbows and shoulders aching beyond belief by the time he instructed me to stop, and I think my lower back problems these days can be attributed to the arching I was forced to do at that time because I was so small. 

As he turned over and detailed how he wanted his legs rubbed thigh-to-toes his penis flopped side to side, nesting against his thigh. 

We never really talked about it, but I’m sure my siblings felt the same way I did about having to “massage” him.  Either we were too embarrassed to share or we just didn’t feel the need.  Like so many other fucked up things it was just part of life. We took turns over the years, being summoned into the dark of their bedroom.  Mom was too scared to say it was wrong.  I know she had to endure much, much worse.  I know there are so many things we never even knew about. Sadly, we never will. 

10 comments:

  1. living in an abusive home as a kid is never pleasant. I too come from such a home; physical, mental, emotional abuse. but I never had to deal with anything like you just described.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like so many other things that would be fucked up to most, it was just part of our normal.

      Delete
  2. I think our childhoods screw up the best of us. I am not sure a set of well adjusted parents exists. If they do, they probably look strange to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is just wrong. I am sorry you had to deal with this kind of abuse, Bathwater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is horrific. ~shudders~ My childhood as the youngest and only girl with three brothers was sheltered from some oddball things. But nothing, not one single thing, compared to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one of eight and though we've never discussed it amongst ourselves and aren't close at all I can only imagine what other pleasantries we've experienced.

      Delete
  5. Damn dude, that's awful. I had a bad childhood that's some next level screwed up right there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hated him for years but haven't wasted the energy in decades. I made out okay. He's dead. Life goes on.

    ReplyDelete