Saturday, March 13, 2021

It Was a Good Thought

You don't know me personally so this likely won't mean anything to you, but I now wear a cardigan to keep warm.  It's an age thing, in my mind.  One of several issues my mind has with growing old(er).  I've never been one for sweaters of any sort. In my youth I always thought only old people wore them. Anyway, I was standing there peeing the other morning, noting how the unbuttoned corner flap of the red cardigan I was wearing blocked my view of my wrinkly ol' mister softy, and I had an extremely bizarre thought.  "You'll have to use this thought for a future blog post," I told myself.  We all talk to ourselves while we're peeing, right? The problem is that I can't for the life of me remember what, exactly, that thought was.  It was a good thought, a great idea for this blog.  At the time.  Would've made for an awesome post.

15 comments:

  1. Well, a Cardigan while Peeing Post was quite unexpected, since you couldn't recall the topic for the Awesome Post. We are all stretching for Blog Fodder Topic while Pandemic rages... *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not gotten to the sweater wearing stage yet. I am like the younger you. I don't like sweaters of any kind and think they are for old people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I have two more hanging in the closet. What's happening to me?

      Delete
    2. If you have Three then it's officially a Collection. *winks*

      Delete
  3. I am starting into the cardigan years. Great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I suppose I should take solace in knowing I'm not alone.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for making me smile. I personally find the Mr. Rogers cardigan look to be extremely sexy and when I lose a thought in the ozone, I always say that it couldn't have been too important and then that's usually when I remember my thought BUT I don't talk to myself while peeing. I talk to the dog who is sitting there looking at me because like kids, they have to follow me into the bathroom. Just a suggestion...put a notepad by the toilet for those important bathroom thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I made you smile. Hmm, never thought I'd read "extremely sexy" and "Mr. Rogers" in the same sentence! Great bathroom thought tip, but my wife is such a clean freak she'd never let me keep a note pad in there.

      Delete
  5. Ok, you made me laugh. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful. My work here is done! Thanks, and you, too.

      Delete
  6. Maybe you need to pee again in the red cardigan to help remember your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete